Bánh Mì Bistro is an independent Vietnamese eatery, conceived by husband-and-wife team John Le and Ha Nguyen. After helping run the family business (Little Saigon Restaurant in Old Town Glendale) for several years, they decided to open up their very own fast-casual food venture in late 2014. Since then, they’ve been serving the Phoenix area their classic and modern takes on the iconic bánh mì sandwich (awarded Best Banh Mi by Phoenix Magazine), as well as other staple Vietnamese dishes and specialty drinks.
In keeping with tradition, all meats — including our homemade liver pâté and BBQ pork — are cured and marinated in-house. Everything is prepared fresh with natural ingredients & vegetables, and our bread is locally-baked and delivered daily! Using family recipes but with a fresh culinary take, Banh Mi Bistro is committed to serve authentic Vietnamese food that’s fast, fresh and full of flavor — all at a reasonable price!
HONORABLE MENTIONS & AWARDS
- “Best Vietnamese Restaurant That Doesn’t Have Pho” — Phoenix Magazine
- “The best Vietnamese sandwich in town…” — Arizona Republic
- “Three Bites: Unripe and Irresistible” — Phoenix Magazine
- “Phoenix’s top 5 Vietnamese spots” — Hoodline
- “Phoenix’s 5 favorite spots to find budget-friendly Southeast Asian food” — Yahoo!
- “Phoenix’s 4 top spots to score sandwiches” — Hoodline
- “Phoenix’s 4 best spots to score noodles, without breaking the bank” — Hoodline
- “9 favorite Phoenix spots for Vietnamese cuisine” — VisitPhoenix
- “This little hidden gem should be added to your must eat list!” — North Phoenix Moms Blog
- “A+ from Bo Bites!” — AZ Culture
- “Prepared fresh, with authentic ingredients, and for a damn good price!” — Arizona Foodie
- “Great ethnic casual forking inexpensive eats in Metro Phoenix” — The Forking Truth
- “I was pleased and so were my taste buds.” — The Entertainer Magazine
Bánh Mì Bistro in West Phoenix is where it’s at for an affordable Vietnamese sandwich. [It] has many affordable lunch options, whether you are feeling a little on the light side and grab a salad, or need something a little more substantial like a banh mi. There really isn’t any way to go wrong at this place. We can’t wait to go back… (read more)
— Jenny Zink, PHOENIX NEW TIMES
What are banh mi? … Done right, they are a wondrous pairing of Eastern and Western flavors. And banh mi are done right at this bistro. Bread is made fresh daily [and] strong enough to hold up against moist meat, pickled veggies and aioli spread, but flaky and soft enough to bite through with ease… (read more)
— Jennifer McClellan, AZCENTRAL.COM
[The owners] have something special they have brought to the table: an Asian sub shop called Bánh Mì Bistro… Every dish absolutely screamed freshness, without a limp veggie in sight… Pork cold cuts and pâté were presented in the most enjoyable baguette I have had in some time… Rest assured, I won’t be craving a Jimmy John’s fix in the foreseeable future — not with this gem right on my way to work! (read more)